Landmark Community Theatre holds auditions for THE HAPPY ELF at the Thomaston Opera House.
Event Dates: Auditions
Sunday, September 11th 2016 at 6:00pm
Tuesday, September 13th 2016 at 7:00pm
Call Backs (if needed)
Wednesday, September 14th 2016 at 7:00pm
Location: Arts Center Theatre (Level 2)
Thomaston Opera House, 158 Main Street, Thomaston, CT
LCT will be holding auditions for its holiday production, THE HAPPY ELF on September 11 & September 13, 2016 in the Arts Center Theatre on level 2 of the Thomaston Opera House.
The Auditions are open. However, please schedule an appointment, by emailing your information to firstname.lastname@example.org, so we reserve a place for you. Walk-ins will be seen as time allows. The show will open on November 25 and run through December 11, 2016 for a total of 9 performances, with an additional small performance during Light Up the Town on November 26th.
• Eubie- The Happy Elf, a "Trainee" in the Toy Department. Eubie is all smiles and songs. That and his lack of self-control, is what aggravates Norbert the most and kept him as a trainee for 10 years (male)
• Molly- The mean girl, diva daughter of the Mayor of Bluesville (Female aged 10-14)
• Hamm - Sleigh Mechanic, best friends with Eubie and Gilda (male)
• Gilda- A Reindeer Veterinarian obsessed with cleanliness, allergic to everything and has a "crush" on Eubie (female)
• Norbert- Foreman Elf. An angry man, his world is orderly and "by the book" and wants to keep it that way. Eubie's nemesis (male or female)
• Little Norbert - Norbert's assistant and "mini-me" (male or female non-age specific)
• Santa Claus- The one and only (male)
• Mrs. Claus- The wife of the "one and only" (female)
• Mayor- Mayor of Bluesville and Molly's workaholic Dad (male)
• Gurt- Wife of the Mayor of Bluesville and Molly's Mom (female)
• Curtis - Molly's minder and personal assistant in Bluesville (male aged 10-14)
There are also several roles that we will cast during auditions, these include: Angry Lady, Worker One and Worker Two, Coppa, Townsperson One and Two. In addition we are looking for an ensemble of other characters such as Various Elves, Elfettes (Elf Rockettes), Bluesville Citizens, and Workers.
Please prepare a song you are comfortable with that is no more than 32 measures. The choreographer will teach a short dance during auditions. Dancers should also note if they have any tap experience and they may be asked to do a short tap routine to demonstrate their ability.
About the play:
A new musical comedy by the Grammy Award-winning and Tony Award-nominated composer and lyricist, Harry Connick, Jr.'s The Happy Elf tells the tale of Eubie the Elf, a lovable fellow who wants to spread Christmas joy throughout the town of Bluesville. Hoping to introduce a new generation of children to the joys of jazz, Connick has crafted a musical landscape against which Eubie's story unfolds. The Happy Elf follows Eubie, the happiest elf at the North Pole. More than anything else, Eubie longs to be a part of Santa's sleigh team. Instead, he's stuck checking the naughty-or-nice lists. Then, one Christmas Eve, he sees something strange: in the whole town of Bluesville, not a single person has been nice. With a pinch of elfish magic and a magical whoosh, Eubie's off to Bluesville. But can he turn a whole town of naughty children nice in just one day? Families will love this festive tale of overcoming adversity, friendship, the power of positivity and believing in yourself! The Happy Elf is destined to become a holiday classic.